Notice of AGM and Annual Report
Please find below notice of 2022 AGM.
We would encourage all members to attend. Food and drink will be served post the meeting.
Queensland Irish Association Friendly Society Limited
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Sunday, 27 November 2022
Notice is hereby given that the 2022 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of members will be held at the Wests Rugby Union Club, Sylvan Road, Toowong on Sunday, 27 November 2022 commencing at 11.30 am for the purposes of giving consideration to the following:
- Reading and confirmation of minutes.
- To receive and consider the Directors’ Report, Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report for the financial year 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
- To consider the recommendation of the Board of Directors that His Grace Archbishop Mark Coleridge and His Excellency Tim Mawe — Ambassador of Ireland be confirmed as joint patrons of the Association for the ensuing year
- To consider the recommendation of the Board of Directors that RWM Chartered Accountants be appointed as Auditors of the Association for the ensuing year.
- Confirmation of Election of Directors
Jeffrey Spender – President
Seamus Sullivan – Vice President
Claire Moore – Director
Bradley Tallon – Treasurer
Mavis Williams – Director
David O’ Farrell – Director
Tom O’ Donnell – Director
Eric McMahon – Director
Michelle Bourke – Director
- Life Membership of the Queensland Irish Association be award to Mark Morrissey for distinguished service to the Association over many years, particularly at Board level
Proposed by: Jeff Spender QIA President
Seconded by: Seamus Sullivan QIA Vice-President
This motion is supported by the members of the Board.
- Discussion of plans for the publication of “A Hundred Thousand Welcomes, A History of the Queensland Irish Association” anticipated for March 2023
- To transact any other business that may be properly brought before the meeting in accordance with the registered rules and by-laws of the Association
By order of the Board.
Note: After the AGM, members have the opportunity for a meal and drinks, including Guinness, at the Club overlooking the football oval.
National Members who have paid their subscriptions for the year ending 30 June 2023 are eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting of members. Members must produce their 2022 membership cards and sign a register of Members Attending in order to attend this Annual General Meeting